Saturday 3 August 2019

EXPECT A WHOLE LOT FROM MY MUSIC - Mercy Olatunji

Born as Mercy Oluwapelumi Olatunji on the 5th of August, an Ogun state indigene, She is the third of four children.
She penned her first song at the age of 10 and began singing at the age of 10 with the help of her father. While growing up, mercy developed interest in music while listening to songs by ASA.
As a result of passion for music she had the dream of attending the peterkings college of music in 2011 which she enrolled for in the year 2018.
Mercy who is not yet a signed artist as always learnt to find her way through with the help of her supporting family.

WHEN DID YOU START MUSIC?
Started music from childhood, my father loves music and he sometimes put us through musical exercises. Yes truly I had  the passion for music from childhood and always read through musical  books but will say I started  understanding the real music in the year 2018 from the knowledge and all I learnt at the Peterkings college of music.


WHO ARE YOUR MENTORS/ROLE MODELS?
My no 1 mentor is ASA she inspires me, she mean a whole lots to me, sometimes I feel connected through the music like she's speaking to me.
My other mentors are Sasha Sloan, Tatiana Manois, Simi, Julia Michael, Billie Eilish, e.tc
TELL US ABOUT YOUR NEW SINGLE "MA FI MI S'ERE"?
MA FI MI SERE is my first single which tells a story of a lover who plays with heart of the other partner by not being serious in the relationship.
It was produced by a very good friend of mine @versatile_ng and  video shot by @iamsots.
Will be dropping it as my birthday to the world on the 5th of August 2019.
WHAT WAS THE INSPIRATION FOR MA FI MI SERE?
It all started with rehearsal then freestyling with my lovely guitar then mafimisere popped into my head, decided to record it with my phone, which was later heard by a very good friend (versatile) who decided to produce it for me.

WHAT SHOULD WE EXPECT FROM YOU NEXT??
You should expect a whole lot.
Not a particular thing but a whole lot.

WORDS TO OTHER UPCOMING ARTIST LIKE YOU?
Music does bring people together. It allows us to experience the same emotions. People everywhere are the same in heart and spirit. No matter what language we speak, what color we are, the form of our politics or the expression of our love and our faith, music proves we are connected .
Yes most of us, from time to time feel discouraged, but let's not forget the goal, let the goal keep us moving, also let's not compete with each other, the sky is enough for everyone. See y'all at the top thank you.

5 comments:

Peter chainz said...

I know what you can do...you are great

Unknown said...

Wishing you all the best in life dear

Versatile Inc said...

Mercy to the world

Mykelking said...

awesome, great and nice one dear

Unknown said...

Soar higher my love